WEBINAR: Personal Branding for Better Career Prospects
Be the first to get latest stories.
Follow Cemerlang's Telegram channel.
Stay updated with the latest intriguing stories for high achievers by following our Telegram
Social media is an integral part of our lives in this modern 21st century. Whilst the advancement of technology has helped open new doors of opportunity for society, there is an equally alarming trend of detestable behaviour on the platform.
This webinar aims to discuss how students and fresh graduates can build their own personal brand on social media which is suitable for the work environment. The speakers will discuss how you can make yourselves more presentable and leverage on social media to work in your favour.
Meet the Speakers
Muhammad Khair bin Noor Hisham
Khair Hisham is currently the vice president of the Perdana Fellows Alumni Association (PFAA). Through the Perdana Fellowship Programme, he had served under the Ministry of Finance Malaysia for 6 months, from July 2020 to December 2020.
He is currently pursuing his studies in BA (Hons) Business Economics in Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom. In just his first year of studying there, he won the Sheffield Business School International Dragon’s Den Competition in 2019. Prior to his studies in the UK, he completed his diploma in Business Studies in UiTM Raub, Pahang where he was awarded as the Best Student Award for Leader of Student Representative Council.
He was also awarded as the Leadership Icon by the National Aspiration & Leadership Society (NALS) for the year 2021.
Mohd Syafi Mohd Ridhuan Tee
Syafi Tee is currently a rising actor and influencer in the face of the Malaysian media industry. Graduated from Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA) in Manufacturing Engineering, he is now active in the Talents and Entertainment industry as an actor, model, and television host.
He is also one of the founders of Malaysia Youth Generation Organisation (MYGO), which focuses on youth development in Malaysia.
Haris Danial is currently an analyst at the world-renowned investment bank, J.P. Morgan Chase Bank (Kuala Lumpur branch).
He brings with him vast experience from the world of student activism through his chairmanship of the influential United Kingdom and Eire Council of Malaysian Students (UKEC) that represents 15,000 Malaysian students in the UK and Ireland.
A Masters (MEng) graduate in Mechanical Engineering from Imperial College London, Haris is deeply passionate about writing on national issues ranging from politics, education to public policy. He did his A-level studies at Kolej Yayasan UEM (KYUEM) after graduating from Kolej Yayasan Saad (KYS) in 2014.
- The speakers shared what personal branding means to each of them and they agreed that it is how you present your best selves to the public eye.
- Personal branding is important because it basically tells your story to other people, and how it leaves an impression that becomes a force-to-be-reckoned-with.
- Just be yourself. Of course, always filter the type of content that you post on social media to ensure you are presentable and controversy-free.
- “Act it until you make it, but in a good sense!”. As in, share the good sides of you so the public can form positive perspectives towards you.
- Know your audience on the various social media platforms. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn have different frequenters and specific purposes.
- Share content that highlights your skills which, if possible, ones that contribute to the society.
- In the context of the pandemic era where job-finding is tricky, utilise your social media platforms to get yourself out there! Talk to as many people as possible, and get inspired.
- If you ever experience burnouts, try to take a break from social media and meet people (while adhering to the Covid-19 SOPs!) as balancing both real-life and social media-life are important in building an image for yourself.
- Never stop persevering. As much as leveraging social media will help alleviate your status and image in employment, you must also manually put in the effort to find careers in the outside world.
Stay updated with the latest intriguing stories for high achievers by following our Telegram channel here.